Tuesday 30 August 2016

Átlagos péntek reggel

Fred cica már pár hónapja velünk van. Az örökbefogadás óta minden pénteken eljárok önkénteskedni reggel 8:30-ra. Kb két órát töltök ott. Most erről fogok kicsit mesélni.
Fred kitten is with us for a couple of months now. Since the adoption I'm volunteering every Friday morning from 8:30. I spend approximately 2 hours there. This is what I will talk a bit about. 





Fred nagyon hamar Jammy legjobb barátja lett, mondhatni már amikor a menhelyre mentünk látogatni, már akkor nagy volt az összhang köztük. Fred volt az egyetlen, aki azonnal játszani kezdett Jammyvel.
Fred quickly became the best friend of Jammy (our two year old son) Even in the shelter, when we went to visit, they started to bond. Fred was the only one who started to play with him immediately. 

Valahogy szerettem volna ezt meghálálni, nyilván a pénzbeli adományon túl.
I wanted to repay it somehow, obviously in addition to cash donations.

Minden pénteken reggel elkocsikázom oda és dolgozom kicsit.
I drive there every Friday morning and work a bit.

Íme az én "részlegem" / Here is my "department":

12 kuckó, benne macskák. Valamelyikben egy, van ahol kettő illetve volt az egyikben egy hármas testvér pár akik már gazdagodtak (az új gazdik elsőre csak kettőt vittek el, de a macskák egész éjjel keresték a harmadikat így másnap visszajöttek érte). 
It has 12 pens with cats. Some of them have one, some have two, or there was one with triplets who were rehomed recently (the new owners took only two, but the kittens were searching for their third sibling so the new owners came back next day).

Ez itt a játszósarok, ide engedem ki a macsekokat takarítás közben. És igen, innen kell őket utána összevadászni. Ha több mint egy van kenelben, nekem annyi, mert kijátszanak, mindig.
This is the play area, this is where I let them out while I'm cleaning their pen. And yes, this is where I have to hunt them down. If there is more than one cat, it's game over for me, because they always trick me.


A kenel maga két részes. Van egy alvó és étkező hely és mozgástér:
The pen has two parts. Sleeping-and-feeding station and room for play:


Az összes alvó rész különbözik, a macskák igénye és száma szerint. Ilyen átlagban:
Every sleeping section is different, mainly according to the cat. This is the usual setup:


Ezek a pénteki fegyvereim / These are my Friday weapons:

Szeretném megmutatni a kedvenc macskámat is:
Ő Tyson. Mint kiderült teljesen vak. Több, mint egy hónapja van bent és ez a macska annnnnnyira ügyes és alkalmazkodó, hogy észre se vettem, hogy vak. Ha nem írnak róla facebookon, el se hiszem!
I would like to show my favorite cat as well:
He is Tyson. As it turned out he is completely blind. It's been more than a month since he is in and he is sooooo clever and he adapted so well, I didn't even notice that. I would have never believed it if they hadn't posted about it on facebook.

2 comments :

  1. Great blog! I have been a volunteer cat cleaner at ARC on Thursdays for the past 2 and 3/4 years. It's a great way to help the furries with a second chance in life ��. All the best, Shaara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I have been a volunteer cat cleaner at ARC on Thursdays for the past 2 and 3/4 years. It's a great way to help the furries with a second chance in life ��. All the best, Shaara.

    ReplyDelete